Gordon Food Service Full Time Retail Fresh Merchandiser Associate - (Cross Creek) Fort Wayne, IN in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Helping grow careers since 1979 and no end in sight!Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that will let youbalance your life and foster development for future growth. Our174 storesare the primarysupplierfor many smallfoodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
We offer the best full-time schedule in retail - Our Store is open Monday to Saturday, from 7 AM to 8 PM, and Sundays from 12 to 5 PM.*
Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Easter.
Opportunities for Advancement
Benefits- After 30 days!
Note: Actual work shift may include pre-opening/post closing time
*Florida stores Sunday hours are 8am to 6pm
The Fresh Merchandiser Associate is a vital role in our Stores: Oversees the merchandising and inventory management associate with the fresh category assortment including ordering, merchandising, rotating, regular quality inspections and product knowledge acumen to ensure the execution of our fresh programs. May also assist in the daily operations of Gordon Food Service Stores including sales, customer service, slicing product, and maintaining overall store conditions. Promotes, sells, and signs up customers for Store programs and services (wholesale catalog, e-commerce) to increase customer relations and retention.
Fresh Merchandiser Associates engage in the following essential functions:
- determining amount and placing orders of fresh product from our vendors on a weekly basis, focusing on desired sales, in-stock, and margin shrink metrics
- maintaining freshness levels, dynamic presentation of product, and upholding safety/health standards in the cooler, fresh meat, and produce areas
- providing superior customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, suggestive selling, and assisting with special requests and express orders
- receiving, inspecting, and merchandising products accurately while ensuring proper rotation and quality
- executing on end cap and planograms alongside maintaining store backstock organization
- assisting with merchandising through sequencing, count verification, inventory adjustments, price verification, and sign maintenance
- safely operating power equipment, such as slicing equipment, tow motors, and forklifts
- adhering to the cornerstone values, philosophy, and applicable practices of Gordon Food Service
Currently enrolled in a high school program, or high school diploma or general equivalent degree, preferred.
- Retail stocking, cashiering, selling experience preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills. Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently or within a team environment. Must have basic mathematical aptitude. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic computer skills, cash-handling experience and experience utilizing general office equipment, POS, RF Gun, and slicer preferred.
The employee is frequently required to lift, reach, handle and move products and items within the store environment. The employee must be mobile and frequently bend, lift, or move up to 50 pounds.
Take a lookinside one of our Stores:Click Here to Watch the Video
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Retail-Full Time